Chili for breakfast, ya feel me?
My coworker think I’m so strange for eating items like chilli and salad for breakfast. It’s food.
It’s been 3 weeks of diet & exercise and my weight has yo-yo-ed around the same numbers (last week the half pound increase was bloat from my uterus waging war on me. Forgot about that variable).
Having your period on Thanksgiving does not do much in the ways of controlled eating (ravenous) or getting outside for exercise (cramping) so it makes sense I spiked around then. But I’ve been back to normal eating ie coffee for breakfast then 1 big meal, usually at dinner, and nothing has come off so it’s obviously time to start something different.
**However it’s worth noting I lost another half inch from my waist bringing me down 1” in 3 weeks. Hips, love handles & thighs are all down .5” and my arms have not gotten the memo and are the same**
I re-read The 4-Hour Body and forgot how effective it was the last time I did it. The rules are simple.
I already actively try to avoid carbs & don’t eat a ton of fruit. My problem lies with eating enough protein lately. I skip breakfast and will not eat any protein until dinner, so maybe 20g in whole day.
Common mistakes that hinder weight loss are:
Crap. Since I don’t sit at a desk all day anymore, I don’t sip water all day either. I suspect I’m constantly a little dehydrated. And how often is hitting the gym “too often”? I took 4 days off last week but have worked out 2hr/day Monday & Tuesday. Maybe I’ll skip that Barre Burn class and do a nice 3 mile slow jog instead.
There you have it, I’m going to stop starving and exercising like mad in favor of eating more and working out less. Let’s see what happens.
13 days until Europe!!!!!!!
you know at night when you’re sitting around reflecting on a moment from earlier in the evening when you were like ‘wow i am gonna regret it if i eat half a box of dots and a bag of chex mix’
and you’re like
'wow i regret that'
This is my relationship with ice cream.
Please see me eating 7 oreo’s today
Some strange things are afoot:
Everything was trending down down then BOOM right back up plus half a lb. Granted, we had fake thanksgiving on Sunday so I had one HUGE meal (didn’t eat before) so that might just be food in my guts? Gross.
What’s odd is that I’ve lost half an inch from my waist, hips & thighs. And also body fat % has gone down:
Interesting, right? Losing weight is a tricky beast. It’s not looking like I’m going to be even remotely close to losing what I wanted for our trip but I’ll take what I can get. I also know I need to add running back into my routine but I’m being a giant baby and hate being cold (it’s 60 here, like I said BIG BABY).
1. Stop faking your fucking orgasms. Society already tells young men that they run the fucking universe - if they can’t turn your cunt into a shooting star then for god’s sake, let them know about it.
2. Once you’ve stopped faking your fucking orgasms, use this newfound honesty throughout the rest of your life - stop ordering coffee you don’t actually like; stop sitting at a desk and allowing people to treat you like shit in the hopes that a meek attitude will earn you a promotion (it won’t); stop telling people they can finish your food when you’re not actually done yet. These may seem petty, but they add up, just like every orgasm you didn’t actually get to have.
3. If you wanna dance all night, dance all fucking night. Dance all night even if you have work in the morning. The worst that will happen is you’ll drink RedBull all day and look like a zombie - pass it off as a head cold to the real zombies you work with and flick through the embarrassing photos you’re being tagged in as you pretend to take a shit for some peace and quiet. I promise, you’ll remember dancing all night in ten years, not the suspicious way your boss looked at you that morning.
4. If your ass looks big in that, that’s a good thing.
5. You will never be as young as you are this second. Embrace it.
6. Embrace the fact that you’re going to get older. Ask your boyfriend if he will still love you when you’re seventy and your tits are down to your knees. Look forward to this time - seventy year old women are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want, and no-one can stop them. You can carry candy in your bag and not share it with a single soul. You can stay home all day and cross-stitch expletives onto handkerchiefs for your grandchildren and slip them under the table out of sight of the people you raised. You can drink whisky at 10am. Every phase of your life is going to be amazing for different reasons. Embrace that.
7. A lot of people will pretend to love Bukowski. Don’t pretend to love Bukowski if you don’t love Bukowski. It’s overplayed and no-one will mind if you actually like Virginia Andrews instead - the people who do mind are boring.
After one week & 2 days, I’m down 2lbs!
My weight was a little skewed because I ate a bunch of dairy (mmmm Baileys…) on Sunday and was a bloated mess but I’m back to normal today and 2lbs lighter.
If I can keep this up, I’ll be at my goal weight for our trip. Is it weird that I’m losing weight only so I can gain it back via fresh croissants, fondue, pasta and wine?